Wednesday, October 21, 2009

NFC North 2009 Predictions (End of Week 6)

I predicted this divisions records at the end of week 1 here. After 5 more weeks of interesting play in the 2009 NFL season, I am ready to again predict their schedules.

Here is just the numbers for anyone who hates walls of text:

Bears 8-8
Lions 4-12
Packers 11-5
Vikings 15-1

I will keep the Bears at the 8-8 mark. They have played incredibly well to this point, but they also have looked weak at times and have needed well established kickers to miss in order to secure wins. I don't think this Bears team can beat the Vikings in Chicago or Minnesota. The other losses are the Bengals, Cardinals, 49ers, and a struggling Baltimore team.

I had the Lions at 2-14 and I believe they will do better than that. The Lions will finish at 4-12. They won against Washington, which i didn't see coming, and they have played well against good teams. They have also played horribly at times (@ GB) The Lions should still beat the Rams and Browns, and here is my upset for their 4th win... Cardinals. Yeah I just did.

Despite their loss to the surprise Bengals, the Packers have looked solid this year. I am not ready to change my projection of them, so they stay at 11-5. I have them losing again to the Vikings, and then to Chicago and Pittsburgh. This is a playoff team if the Falcons finish the year badly.

The Vikings are tough to project, but they have looked fantastic this season. They come from behind to win, but they do so convincingly. If they beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh this week, I think that this team could go undefeated until they play the Giants, who even with Vikings starters playing, I think would win this game. So 15-1 for the Vikings. The only possible hiccup I can see is Carolina in week 15. The Vikings might be on cruise control at this point, but I doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment